Summertime Eating

Across much of the nation we are experiencing summer-like temperatures even though it is still spring. The warmer weather makes us not want to eat heavy meals and instead look towards lighter meals.

Another issue many of us realize once we have shed the bulky clothes from winter is that somehow we have managed to put on a few pounds over the winter. Diets that work include the number one rated Weight Watchers, which most people say is not a diet but a lifestyle change.

If you need to lose weight faster but still doing it in a healthy way, the Raw Food diet may be for you. You can limit yourself to only fruits and vegetables or go more extreme as explained in the following link.

The Raw Food Diet

Personally, I have chosen my own variation of the Raw Food diet. Starting today I am only eating fruits and vegetables with maybe some nuts for munching (we'll see).

For more healthy eating tips- check out this link that will give you tips and even natural food remedies for whatever ails you.

Here is what I have had to eat (and drink)  today (Wednesday).

2 bananas
1 orange
1 smoothie drink - recipe below
2 cups chopped romaine lettuce with chopped red onion, cucumber and shredded carrots
1 peeled carrot
tons of water!!!!
another orange
2 more cups of romaine lettuce with red onion, cucumber, celery, shredded carrots and tomatoes
about 4 ounces of homemade smoked turkey breast ( I couldn't help it- I was hungry!!!)
steamed green beans (about 1 1/2 cups)
more water, this time with a dash of lemon in it

I felt satisfied and was not hungry at the end of the day. I must admit that the Papa John commercial advertising it's new Sausage Deluxe Pizza was very tempting!!! Isn't it funny that when you decide that you are only going to eat certain foods all of a sudden you want "bad" stuff?

Strawberry Smoothie (recipe after the pictures)


 fresh green beans








Quick and easy Strawberry Smoothie

I cup frozen strawberries

6 ice cubes

1 cup fresh strawberries

1/2 cup filtered water

Quick and simple! Just throw it all in a blender and puree until smooth. It comes out as a thick slushee. No added sugar! Was thinking about throwing some fresh squeezed lemon in but I will try that another day. I am inspired by the McDonald's commercial for their Strawberry Lemonade. I will never get one because it is probably all sugar but looks and sounds great.

I don't do artificial sweeteners and when using fruit, why add sugar? Go for the taste of natural goodness.





No comments:

Post a Comment