Easy Red Baron Like Pizza

I have a kid who loves Red Baron brand pizza. I don't like prepared foods. I will admit that the taste of Red Baron is pretty good for a frozen pizza but often after eating it I experience stomach issues. I am seriously sensitive to chemicals and additives.

Wanting my kid to eat healthier I make my own pizza and recently I made a practically homemade version which reminded us both of Red Baron.
Here is how I did it. Yes, I used a prepared pizza shell (time didn't allow for freshly made dough) but overall it is healthier than frozen.

ingredients:

1 thin crust pizza shell
organic tomato sauce (amount in steps)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella and provolone mix cheese


Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

Spread tomato sauce by tablespoonfuls to create a thin layer of sauce. For a large thin crust I used approximately 4 to 5 tablespoons. If you like a saucier pizza use more but too much sauce makes the cheese slide off.

Sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly around the shell.

Top with the mozzarella and provolone.

Bake for about 15 minutes until cheese is bubbly all over.

Allow to set for about 3 minutes and then slice and enjoy.

If you prefer a sauce with spice add 1 teaspoon of Italian seasonings to the sauce before you spread it. This pizza gets its flavor from the unique combination of the cheeses and it really does mimic the taste of Red Baron's thin crust pizza without all the preservatives and other stuff you cannot pronounce.

Makes for a quick and easy meal.

Try it and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment