Creamy Chicken Parmesan Florentine

I am the queen of putting dinner together with not a lot of stuff on hand. I am also the self-proclaimed queen of getting the most out of a chicken roaster!

The chicken soup was a success and I had set aside about 2 cups of chicken broth along with some cooked chicken. Here is what I did with it along with "stuff" I had on hand:

I love spinach (it is my happy food) and I try to always have some chopped spinach in my freezer. You can add it to so many dishes. Garlic is another must-have and I use it almost daily.

I didn't used to keep leftover pasta but times are tough and now I do save it. Good thing too. This dish was thrown together and ready to eat in less than 15 minutes, thanks in part to leftover cooked rigatoni.

First I took some olive oil and sauteed some garlic in a frying pan.

I added about 1 cup of frozen chopped spinach.

Then I put my leftover chicken and chicken broth into the pan and stirred it together.

I took out about 2 tablespoons of hot broth and stirred in about 1 teaspoon of cornstarch and made a paste.


I added about 3 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese and mixed it together.

I then stirred that mixture into the spinach and chicken mix.


I had about 1 and 1/2 servings of leftover rigatoni in the refrigerator so I threw that in to reheat. Stirred it all together and this is what the final result was:

Simply delicious and so simple to make. And the best part is how fast it was to do! I hate to throw out food and I love it when I can come up with meals that stretch my food dollar!

Plus it tastes really really good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment