Spinach sauce for pasta

Love spinach! Hate jar spaghetti sauce. It tastes so fake.

My son is making his famous Garlic and Parmesan Crusted Chicken for dinner (I would share the recipe but he will not share it with me!).

I told him I was feeling up to doing the sides. So, feeling like spinach today, I threw together this delicious alternative pasta sauce.

Here's how.

1 large can italian tomatoes in puree (no salt added)

1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic

2 teaspoons olive oil

1 cup frozen chopped spinach

1 teaspoon basil

dash of black pepper

First I slowly cook the garlic in the olive oil. Making sure NOT to burn the garlic or the oil.

Meanwhile I remove the tomatoes from the puree. I chop the tomatoes and simply add the tomatoes, puree, spinach, basil and black pepper to the garlic and oil. Stir, lid, simmer for 25 minutes. Remove the lid and simmer for another 25 to 30 minutes and I have the perfect side dish sauce for pasta.

The entree is baking and after the pasta is cooked, we have a delicious meal that seems like we fussed but really, the prep time is 10 minutes tops.

Easy, fresh tasting and so delicious!!!

Maybe I will someday get the recipe for the chicken and then I will post it. It is heavenly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment