Spinach is Good Food

Boneless chicken. A good value ($1.99 a lb. if you purchase the family pack) and it is lean and there are HUNDREDS of ways to prepare it.

I like one-pot meals. Less to clean up after and many times, you can just throw stuff in a pot and let it cook.

It was my turn to cook tonight and I took 3 boneless chicken breasts, trimmed off the nasty fat - one of the kitchen chores I hate , and browned it in about 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. I was out of fresh garlic (bummer) so when the chicken was almost browned I sprinkled about 2 teaspoons of garlic powder on top of the chicken.

Thankfully, MommaVicky plans ahead with some things (okay, with most) and I had a quart of homemade marinara sauce in the freezer. I put it in the microwave to defrost it and meanwhile I added frozen chopped spinach to the chicken. It was about 8 ounces of chopped spinach. Yum!

When the sauce was defrosted, I added it to the chicken and spinach. Stirred it up, turned it down to a simmer and put a lid on it. I could throw in some uncooked pasta, but tonight I am cooking the pasta seperately.

By the time the pasta cooks, it will be ready to serve. Easy and delicious.

Beats paying for takeout!

No comments:

Post a Comment