Cheeseburger Macaroni

Hey Mom, what's for dinner??  Some nights I bet you cringe at the idea of figuring out an answer to that age-old question. I know I did last night...I just wasn't "in the mood". My son had taken out about 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef that was defrosting in the refrigerator all day so that was a place to start.

I looked around for what else we had on hand and decided to do a family favorite- Homemade "hamburger helper style" cheeseburger macaroni. So simple to do and easy enough to make. I had a plan!!! woo hoo!

I grabbed my large non-stick dutch oven and put the ground beef into it to start browning. Meanwhile, I grabbed an 8 ounce block of extra sharp cheddar cheese and put my 14 year old to work shredding it into a large bowl. ( I gave her a large bowl to keep from having shredded cheese all over the place)

Once the meat was brown ( and by the way- keep it chunky) I drained off any fat. I returned the meat back to the pot and added 1 T minced onion (the dehydrated kind), 1 t paprika, 1 t garlic powder, 1/2 t black pepper, 1 T parley flakes and 2 T of flour.

I stirred this all together and dumped in the cheese, 1 cup of water, 1 cup of milk and 1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni. I brought it to a boil, stirring it all together and then turned it down to a simmer and put a lid on it. This cooked for about 20 minutes.

It is HOT when it is done! Warning. Opened up a can of green beans and we had ourselves a meal. PHEW! Dinner, nice and easy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment