Creamy Chicken Primavera Made with Greek Yogurt


I've been hearing an awful lot about substituting Greek yogurt for cream in recipes and I have been dying to give it a try. I whipped up a batch of delicious Chicken primavera using Greek yogurt in place of milk/cream and let me tell you, I am sold on this substitution!

Here is how I made this. This recipe makes a good amount which I am putting into individual-serve containers for quick dinners.

First I took about 4 cloves of garlic that I chopped roughly and sauteed slowly in about 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. (the orange is from the fresh carrots I had chopped on the same cutting board)


I then added 1 chicken breast that I chopped into small pieces.

Allow it to cook until it is no longer pink.


Meanwhile I steamed a bag of broccoli florets and also almost 2 cups of fresh, diagonally cut carrots.

I melted 1 tablespoon of butter and stirred in 1 teaspoon cornstarch into the frying pan with the chicken and garlic.

Then I dumped in the vegetables.


I stirred that together and then added a small container of non-fat plain Greek Yogurt, 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of warm water. (you could use Chicken broth or vegetable broth- I had neither on hand)


I allowed this to simmer slowly and it thickened as it cooked.

I added about 8 ounces of cooked rotini (along with a small amount of the pasta water)

I gave it about 10 minutes to cook and then I turned the heat off and served it!


This was delicious and even better- plenty of leftovers that I put in containers for a quick dinner or lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment