So Easy Homemade Hot Pockets


Is yours a household where gathering around the dinner table is impossible due to crazy work schedules? Mine is and because of that I had to come up with home-cooked meals that were easy to reheat.

My husband eats (I'm ashamed to admit) Hot Pockets from time to time and I cringe at the thought of him putting all that processed junk into his body. I'm a cook-from-scratch kind and also I'd like to save some money at the grocery store. Buying ready-made meals is expensive not to mention all the artificial ingredients. This is my quick and easy homemade hot pocket recipe that although it does contain stuff I normally wouldn't eat, all the ingredients were on sale and the cost was less than buying Hot Pockets.

I have posted a similar recipe for Chicken Pot Pie pockets which except for the biscuits, everything else was from scratch. This recipe does use convenience foods but hey, no one is perfect. They reheat really well and served with a side of gravy they are delicious!

Here's what you need:

1/2 to 3/4 cup diced cooked chicken
1 package of Birds Eye red potatoes and broccoli in cheese sauce
6 Grands Biscuits
1 tablespoon milk

Allow the Grands to come to room temperature. They are much easier to work with if they warm up.

Spray a cupcake tin with non-stick cooking spray.

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.

Microwave the Birds Eye red potatoes and broccoli for 4 minutes.

Stir in 1 tablespoon milk.

Stir in the chicken, mixing well.

Spread each biscuit into a cupcake "hole" and allow the dough to overlap.

Spoon the mixture into the center evenly.

Wrap the dough over the mixture.

Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes until golden.

These are very hot so allow to cool for a minute or two.

You can serve with a side of gravy.

So easy to make and like I said, get these ingredients on sale and they really cost very little to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment