Homemade Hot Pockets

For the last several weeks we put up a menu for the week. It saves time, money and headaches and makes meal planning easier. My son has been cooking most nights. It started when I went through a few surgeries back in 2010 and then once he lost his full time job, he really took over. I was excited by his creativeness in the kitchen and enjoyed his experimenting with different foods. Although he went back to school and secured a part time job, he didn't give up his love of cooking. I now cook maybe 2 nights a week. Many times when it is my turn, I am at a loss for what to make. On Sunday I was put to the test because my daughters were home for dinner after plans fell through and it was my turn to cook. I had planned on leftovers thinking there would only be 3 of us. Turned out there were going to be 5. With no time to run out to the store I had to rely on what I had. The challenge began. The previous evening I had roasted a whole fryer and there was chicken leftover. I also spotted two packages of refrigerated biscuits. I don't normally buy these (we don't eat processed anything) but I was happy to see them. I had cheddar cheese ( We ALWAYS have cheddar cheese) and I decided to try my hand at homemade hot pockets. I seperated the biscuits and rolled each one out to a almost 3" circle. I took a handful of chopped chicken, some sliced cheddar and covered it with another rolled out biscuit. Two packages made 10 pockets (as shown). I crimped the edges with a fork and poked some holes in the top. They baked for about 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven. I had sprayed the pan with non-stick cooking spray. With a side of dressing they were tasty. A quick and easy dinner. Next time I will add vegetables. Sorry no picture of the finished product. They went too quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment