Too Hot to Cook

When it is too hot to cook but you have to eat dinner, what do you do?

Yesterday was unseasonably hot (the window a/c units aren't even in yet) and the last thing I was going to do was heat up the kitchen by cooking. We had to eat so I quickly considered my options. Yes, calling for pizza was tempting but I really don't have money for takeout.

Then I noticed my grill on the counter. I love my indoor grill. It does so many things but it doesn't heat up my kitchen!

Next decision was what to cook. We had leftover beef from a roast. Perfect! Quesadillas are a perfect dinner for a hot night. It is also a great way to use leftovers. We always have tortillas in our kitchen, they make great sandwich wraps.

So, the kitchen was not overheated and we satisfied the hungry beast at dinner. What do you make for dinner when it is just too hot to cook?

No comments:

Post a Comment